What Does it Take to be an Adoptive and Foster Care Parent?
We get contacted all the time from people wondering if they qualify to become either a Foster Care and Adoptive Parent.
1. Be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and a responsible, mature, healthy adult.
2. Be married or divorced for at least one year (can also be single).
3. Show proof of marriage and/or divorce.
4. Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
5. Be able to clear a criminal history/FBI background check and abuse/neglect central registry check on all adults in the household.
6. Your home must pass a city fire and environmental health inspection.
7. Must clear random drug tests.
8. Must have favorable home study.